Gerry Wisz and his family are long-time friends of Tri-City Covenant Church. He’s married to his wife, Betty, for 40 years, and the Wisz’s have eight children and six grandchildren.
Gerry has spent his career in journalism and communications, public relations, and marketing in the New York City area. His career spans across journalism and corporate communications work from publications like Readers Digest to financial communications for Wall Street banks and broker-dealers and the service providers that they use. Gerry was one of the founding journalists of Securities Industry News, a daily Wall Street newspaper that was subsequently sold to Thomson Financial.
A long-time contributor to Christian publications and concerns, Gerry has written extensively for World Magazine, Christian Renewal Magazine, The Outlook, Christian Herald Magazine (for which he served as managing editor), and Society, Culture and Philanthropy. He has served as a ruling elder in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, where he was first asked to provide pulpit supply. Since then, Gerry has filled pulpits many times in PCA, CRC, independent Reformed, CREC, and Associate Reformed Presbyterian churches. Gerry can be heard weekly on Redeemer Broadcasting’s radio show, “Holding All Things Together.”
Gerry earned his B.A. at William Paterson College, his M.A. at Duquesne University, both in English Language and Literature, and pursued doctoral studies at New York University. He, Betty and their children still at home are members of Preakness Valley United Reformed Church in Wayne, NJ.
Now semi-retired, Gerry continues to provide communications consulting services to businesses, is a freelance writer, and a part-time faculty member at Bergen Community College.
- White Horse Rider (Psalm 45:1-8; Hebrews 4:11-13; Revelation 19:11-19) August 20, 2018
- 1721 August 19, 2018
- Forgive Us Our Debts (Matthew 6:7-15) November 19, 2017
- The Lord’s Prayer I: Invocation (Matthew 6:7-15) November 19, 2017
- Josiah’s Solas (2 Kings 22:1-20, 23:1-37; 2 Chronicles 35:20-27; Revelation 2:4-6, 3:8-13) August 20, 2017
- Jan Laski: Unlikely Reformer August 20, 2017
- Song of Solomon (Song of Solomon 1:2-2:4; Psalm 45:10-17; Proverbs 30:18-19; Ephesians 5:22-28) November 27, 2016
- Girolamo Savanarola November 27, 2016
- Solomon (continued) July 17, 2016
- Solomon July 17, 2016
- What’s Shaken, What Remains (Hebrews 12:12-29) November 29, 2015
- The Race (Hebrews 11:39-12:4) August 30, 2015
- William Blake, Unlikely Deformer August 30, 2015